Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Surprise

Snow?  Wind?  Cold?  It's April 14, for the Lord's sake.  I even dug out a long-sleeve T-shirt just to bundle up a bit more.  Oi.  I guess it really isn't spring yet, but now that Easter has passed, it's spring t me!

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/04/how-private-equity-is-winning-the-coronavirus-crisis
I don't know; isn't this a little unfair to private equity?  I mean, all of these public sector unions are as beholden to Democrats as anyone, and no one is going after them for being greedy and wanting to maximize returns because made a promise they couldn't keep 20 years ago (or less), are they? I realize the average journalist wouldn't figure that out, but it's not exactly hard for someone else to do so... if you are going to nail Steve Mnuchin to the wall, you have to do the same to Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/10/journalists-may-be-liberal-this-doesnt-affect-which-candidates-they-choose-cover/#comments-wrapper
I sort of like these arguments, as they convenient forget that the bias towards the left -- when 80% of the press is more liberal than the average liberal (God help us), I would think that that is a problem which demands some remedy....

This could be me, but 1) I don;t like the idea of a Cactus and Grapefruit league for a regular season and 2) I am beginning to think this might be the option.  Of course, I would love Xmas Day baseball, but that's just me and Scott Boras...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home