Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Grabbing them

https://theweek.com/articles/911495/how-tara-reades-allegations-could-bring-down-joe-biden

It's good to know people are reading my blog!  Anyways... a few years ago, I read this book:
https://www.amazon.com/What-Takes-Way-White-House/dp/0679746498
and I do believe it is mentioned that Joe Biden, if you will, sowed a few wild oats after the death of his first wife... Mind you, there was nothing that implied it wasn't consensual, but...  anyways, I would recommend anyone with lots of time on their hands (say, on furlough or in quarantine) to read it.. it was good (yes, I like politics, abnormally so) and more to the point... most of the figures are around now -- there are a lot of famous and familiar names in it.

Mind you, given the recent polling, the President and his team need to be hammering this... I don't know, this could be me, but I would have thought that POTUS would have been best served by saying 1) I want us to open ASAP, but 2) I know that's not possible and 3) Each state is best served by making these decisions on their own and I will be there to help them do this.  I realize this is against the nature of the White House to get involved (poorly) in every thing possible, but... in addition to being intelligent, it would be also be -- dare I say -- Republican, as this would be promoting federalism and letting local officials do their stuff best.  It wouldn't necessarily have been brilliant, but you wouldn't have GOPers pulling their hairs out, either.

The one example I keep coming back to -- people tripping over themselves to get ventilators and PPE-- is at the beginning of the Civil War, when every governor sent purchasing agents to Europe to buy arms for their state militias, with the result that they ended upbidding against each other, driving up the price without actually getting their hands on the weapons they needed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home