Sunday, May 24, 2020

Summer is here?!

The long weekend is nice, even if it has not been terribly restful.. ok, maybe it has been.  I've still been getting up early, but for much of yesterday I caught up on podcasts, read, answered some emails, and did the little things.  I am slowly acclimating to the new CGM -- the location is not the best but the device is snazzy enough -- and today was the usual.

Today was the last usual for a while (I hope), as Masses open tomorrow and we will back to normal in time for Pentecost (yes, I will be wearing my Pentecost shirt).  Going to church an hour earlier will be different but it will be REAL Mass (insert snarky comment about the crowd being about the same). Our sacristan made the point that our parish is large enough that we can socially distance, but can you see at a place in the suburbs (someplace with plenty of money) someone coming in and being told to go home?  I, of course, will say get there earlier, but that is me.

Is it finally summer?  I mean, it feels like we had all of 10 days of spring but it is certainly warm enough now...  even the prospect of rain does not seem to dampen my spirits today, which is... good?  I guess I did have some extra pep in my step as I was out and about today.... so much so that I may even stay up to watch "Wings" tonight (a slient classic, underrated in my opinion, and of course no one watches them now), 2:30 AM or later bedtime be damned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home