Monday, June 01, 2020

The Spirit is Among Us

So, Mass is back on and it was...glorious?  Yes, it was!  Attendance was a little sparse, to be sure, and there was no Eucharistic Minister (not sure if this is by accident or design, but rest assured, I will answer the call if needed) but other than that it was...good.  I have my own personal Missal, music was at a minimum, and as far as I could tell, no one tried to "make change" from the collection basket... the neighborhood is full of Hope and Changers, as you know.

The library is also open -- sort of -- and I am for now heeding the advice and not rushing to dump all my books back. I also need to order some new ones -- the rush of reading lately has spurred me to do a bit more. Yes, I finished Hamilton last night.  It was good -- and informative -- though it did seem like the duel didn't have to be fought. I sort of want to read more about Burr now, as he was certainly an interesting figure in his own right...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/donald-trump-the-most-unmanly-president/612031/

This is largely correct, but people don't vote for politicians because they are like them; they vote for them because they support their interests (and these can be varied), and for the more-likely-than-not culturally conservative blue collar worker, Trump --vis-a-vis HRC -- was the more obvious choice. Similarly, for the white suburban woman, he's not. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home