Saturday, May 30, 2020

Man at the pot

My final day of food pantry duty today (for a while)... we weren't that busy, but half of the clients came in the last hour, so it was... odd.  I mean, you prefer a big rush early; instead, you started slow and then you had to pick up the pace.  The other thing odd is that people were... pulling crap?  Ok, not exactly, but cadging for more stuff, trying to get food without ID, etc... it's not like these are newbies here, they have been coming for years, and while some of the stuff we do is new... most of it is not.  Oi.  And, as we say, it's not like they forgot cigarettes... Anyways, no more duty for a while -- we were joking about how I said they can call me and ask for help, but they won't like the answer...

In the meantime, our cities are aflame, and while I get the anger, the looting and the pillaging, I think, is the last thing we need, as it proposes a counter-reaction, to put it mildly, and, well, let's just say that one good thing about this is the effect on the POTUS re-election.  Law and order might not work completely well here, but it does appeal to those on the fence about the man.

I have been concentrating on Hamilton and trying to get some rest, so no time for films.  In some ways, I am just waiting on normalcy -- Netflix and the library are the main sources for the rest right now.  

Another thing I have been doing is cooking.  I bought a Sav-A-Lot bag of chicken leg quarters ($3.99), a two-pack of butter ($2.99), and some potatoes ($1.49), and, over the course of two days... cooked them all (8 quarters total). I added a melange of spices (more on day two!) and...they came out pretty good, I would say!  Plus, as I told Mom, I got 8 meals out of this for about a buck each, which -- given my frugality and being the last fiscally responsible Republican around -- is something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home