Thursday, May 28, 2020

Catching Up...

So, I am not reverting to my previous ways (I hope); rather, after taking Memorial Day off, I tried to catch up on sleep (ha) and catch up on everything else... top it off, I've been having connecting troubles with the Internet...something is amiss, not sure what, but it is annoying as hell.

In the meantime, the gyms are open, and I have gone every day.  And, it's glorious!  Today I think I overdid it (I did a reprise of leg day, my blood sugar was a little high) but it has still been good to go out and lift.  The only drawback is... no one seems to be wearing masks.  I mean, I wear one -- it's a pain in the ass but it is a good example -- but I was literally the only person in the gym today with one, and there were about 50 people.  Mind you, nearly all of them were half my age (I hate saying that) and, like me, they are pretty skeptical of the COVID-19 claims... but still.  

Progress continues on Hamilton, as I now at page 625.  Still fairly interesting, of course.

I think this is largely correct, though, as I like to say, they did it because they could, not because they thought they'd get caught.  Which brings me to the related point, which is... they are going to get away with it because they did it by the book.  Or, more accurately, they used the rules and procedures to set it up that they could do what they wanted to do and cloak it with the air of legality... I think it is brilliant, if not devious, but that is part of the brilliance.

I don't see how they can pull it off without the prospect of labor strife, given all the variables in play...

I am a little skeptical of this, not that evictions won't happen, but I suspect that given the large number of tenants unable to make rent, it will be difficult to expel large numbers of people simply to replace with unknown tenants, many of whom are likely to be worse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home