Thursday, June 25, 2020

Hmmmm

A blog hiatus but not, I assure you, a return to the old ways -- just busy and trying to sleep a bit more. To say nothing of the big news-- we WILL have baseball. As I say, enjoy it now, as the strike in 2021 is going to be immense.  And, not, like, in the slow and ongoing collapse of the Trump campaign, not that I will enjoy either.

Is it me or is the Bubba Wallace situation... well, ok?  I mean, after the Jussie Smollett thing, isn't this what yoy want?  I mean, yes, it is a noose, but... if it was there before he used the garage and there doesn't seem to be any ill intent, and all of NASCAR is rallying around him... fine?  Again, this isn't the worst thing in the world.  I will admit, I wonder how the Confederate flag ban will go.  If people really cared so much, they could just not attend the races/watch them/buy the crap.  I sort of wonder what NASCAR would do then; it's no secret the sport is... not exactly gaining fans lately, and if they lost a chunk more, what would they do then?  I am genuinely curious, much like I want some other big city getting rid of their police.

You know...this is mostly right?  I've always loved "Butt Out" and "Cripple Fight," but I really couldn't quibble with most of these selections, or, for that matter, where they were on the rankings...

Interesting.  I am not sure I agree -- and I have said this before, mainly because at the end of the day, you can find a reason to tear down any statue of any person, and I don't that would leave us anywhere better either as a society or for historical understanding...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home