Monday, June 08, 2020

Return of the Mortmain

So yesterday was my birthday -- 42, or as we said in my family, Jackie Robinson Day.  I realize some libtard will accuse me of cultural appropriation, or something, and,well, I think we all know what I think of that.  We did the family meal Saturday; I went to Rincon Criollo because I had never eaten Puerto Rican food... it was good, not great -- I guess I expected something with a bit more flavor, or kick.  Anyways, then Sunday I mainly read...I finished a book about WWI and the AEF and them started This Vast Southern Empire, which is an interesting read about the role of slavery in US foreign policy. Should finish it tomorrow and on to the next... yes, I have been trying to read more, for a bunch of reasons...

First rate.  If GOPers had any brains, they would be using this approach at EVERY opportunity.  The best defense is a good offense, and, as President Awesome likes to say, what do you have to lose?

On the one hand, this is good...on the other, I have mentioned before -- and will doso again -- that the idea of turning over our housing stock to rental companies is NOT good, for many reasons, key among being the fact that it shuts out increasing numbers of people out of home ownership, which is a primary way of boosting credit, providing retirement security, even equity... to say nothing of trapping people in rent and, let's face it, the hands of people who may be...unscrupulous.  To use one of my favorite historical phrases... it is the mortmain all over again.

This is....good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home