Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Return to Normalcy

Crashed hard -- and early -- last night, only to be woken up with low blood sugar, so here I am now... I don't know...I have been hitting the gym a bit harder, and I also have added (most nights) a daily walk, just to burn energy and maybe calories.  I always joke I feel the fatness, and maybe that is true, but... I think it is also just vanity.

So, we will have baseball, maybe?  I will watch every second of it, of course, but I can't just help but feel that so much time has been wasted... I made the comment to the remote coffee klatch today at work (funny how this seems to have survived the pandemic) that while I don't think they would, I would love for the players to say "Gee, we don't think Rob Manfred is doing his job, and he needs to go." Now, I realize of course that the employees can't pick their bosses (and in this case, they are picking the owners' bosses) ...but the Commissioner is supposed to act in the best interest of baseball, and the point could be made that he is not.  Let's face it, safety has been absent from the last month of discussions; it's all about the Benjamins now. More seriously, I see a strike -- and a long one -- in the future.

Much as I would wish this to be true, I do not think it is the case...

I made a comment to another coworker (yes, I do work sometimes) today that both versions of "Imitation of Life" would never pass muster today, which is ironic, as they barely passed muster when they came out...for different reasons.  In a related vein, up to 729 on the NFR list with the watching of "She's Gotta Have It," which I found interesting, but not something I liked, as I really did not identify with it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home