Monday, July 13, 2020

In America

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-starship-troopers-aligns-with-our-moment-of-american-defeat

You know, I don't recall this version of "Starship Troopers;" I mean, I certainly picked up the parody aspects, and I've read enough of Heinlen to know that...liberties were being taken, if you will, but I also watched the movie because, well, who doesn't like good clean fun, such as war with giant arachnids?

Anyways, last night I hung out the godchildren and friends, and then had trouble sleeping, so today I drank 900 cups of caffine and plowed through work.  I suspect two or three days of eight, or at least seven, hours of restful sleep would produce the desired effect, but why would we want to do that?

I started this book yesterday... the author was the Irish journalist whom the President "complimented" on her looks early in his term... later on, I was channel suring and saw her on C-SPAN...she gave an interesting talk about the book, and so far... it is quite good. I think she did grasp the sense around the country at the time, far better than most of our own politicos and journalists...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home