Saturday, July 04, 2020

Posting Away

Well, here I am, blogging up a storm....sort of, I guess.  Didn't set the clock but woke promptly at 7, and after the usual morning routine --I think emails just magically float in to my inbox -- it was off to the gym, Mom's for the mail and paper, then an Aldi's run, then to weed-whack, then...here we are.  Rah.  I will be able to watch "1776," at least, and I will probably finish the last free book today, in which I can pull something from the six-plus bookshelves.  I am in need of a 7th, to say nothing of a topical reorginaztion, not that it would give me any shelf space.  That would have been quite the project for Independence Day...

This article annoyed me... one, because I hate crime, two, because should be allowed to use their Second Amendment rights at any time, and three...this problem is easy to solve.  Not sure why communities do not mandate the use of cops or security at these stores. The deterrent factor would stop the most of them, and the rest... well, I think few people have sympathy -- even now in this time of BLM -- for armed robbery.

I thought this was interesting... I liked the film when it came out -- and I think some kids it was realistic.  I did get a kick out of the controversy, mainly because... as I like to say, the generation that gave us Woodstock and its related cultural excesses...well, they doth protest too much, to use a theme of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home