Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Sports Talk

Well, that was a fun doubleheader, wasn't it?  To be sure, beating up on the White Sox is supposed to happen.  I guess I am less worried about Brad Hand than others, mainly because I was never sold on him as an elite closer, anyways.  Ok, who am I kidding... the drop in velocity is noticeable, to put it mildly, and while his slider looks good... he's not Andrew Miller (at his peak).   I do note he has been used sparingly so far.  As I mentioned to a coworker, Hand is one of Terry's guys, so long after he blows multiple leads, he will be out there to (not) record the save.  (Yes, Hill got the S today, but only because we can't use Hand twice in a day.)


I don't know...my own sense is that at the end of the day, there is just way too mucb money out there for schools NOT to have college football. I mean, even at the schools where the budget is not football dependent, there is so much revenue from other sources (even down to the ol' SEC handshake) that people will be miffed if there isn't a season. A herd of pissed-off alumni will only deepen the deficit, and when schools are bleeding money as it is...  As for whether they should play...maybe?  On the one hand, there is a risk of COVID, but there are many other risks, and the math is on the side of playing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home