Sunday, August 02, 2020

The little things

Well, that was an exciting series...to be sure, the pitching held up, but the bats... More seriously, with the season so advanced, it is quite troubling, to put it mildly, for this to occur...

As is often the case, the calendar turns and I marvel at how the summer has flown by... yes, it hardly feels like summer, given the paucity of fun things to do, but all the same, we are closer to, rather than farther from, winter.  Ugh.

Funny, I hit the gym hard this morning after church, and then did some cleaning, but it has been a lazy day since then.. watching some Sherlock on youtube, catching up on some reading, and filling out some paperwork.  This is not the worst thing, and indeed... it might be good, as I am often...busy?  I guess so, and with Mom, or something else, sleep has been even more elusive lately.  Alas.

Fr. Joe had Mass today so I again was the Eucharistic Minister.  Funny...for all the trepidation I had (and the maternal grief I endured) about signing up for it... well, now I seem to be the only one in the parish (at least at 8:30 Mass). I am still a little worried and uncomfortable doing it, but I think at least I am doing something important and useful nowadays, which is somewhat...gratifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home