Saturday, August 01, 2020

Events and amusement

So, had to go to the OC today, as someone -- again -- stole the window AC unit.  Now we are having the window bricked in and will rely on the floor-mounts we bought last week.  Then HQ came by to have us sign some paperwork...which was fine.  Downtown seemed pleased with the operation -- food and clothing are being handed out, as safely as possible, and... well, our executive director asked what would we do in the winter... I told I didn't want to think about it, and she laughed.  But... I think our current set up would be easier in winter.  Normally, our clients would park anywhere and we'd have to truck through snow and ice to get their stuff in the car.  And, people get there early, sit in the waiting room more, drink lots of coffee and steal snacks (one is relative term, you know) and no one ever has their IDs ready and such (so everyone outside in the cold complains). So I would not mind this carrying on for a while, if we needed to, medically.

Went to a socially distanced wedding and reception today... it was...nice?  The ceremony was pretty quick, fine, and the reception was outside, with the grub (heavy apps) inside, and I think it worked fairly well.  I kept the mask on (as did pretty much everyone else) and while I chatted with some people (the parents of the groom didn't know who I was and I had to drop mask, leading to jokes of being Lysol-bombed by state drones) the general trend was the eat, say hi, and get the hell out, which is not the worst thing in the world..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home