Monday, August 10, 2020

Vast Amusement

 I don't know... my first thought, upon hearing the news about Plesac, was simply "boys will be boys." Now, the news about Clev...what, is Adam Plutko setting up dates for these guys?  In other news, thank God for that rain delay.  It did seem that, for whatever reason, Hand was...off?  Just not sharp, could be anything, save for the fact it happens a lot.  But, compared to Perez; you could see that his stuff was sharper, more command, just night and day.  Not sure what they are going to do.  Ok, I know what they are going to do, which is to keep running him out there, but...

http://thedailychrenk.com/2020/08/10/poland-saved-europe/

Read a book about this a year and a half ago...can't remember the title exactly, but it was quite good.  Funny, a couple of friends gave me book recommendations a few days ago (thanx!) but I just added them to my list, and in 2024, I will get to them.  One hopes.

I am now hooked on podcasts.  I listened to all of them in the "Fall of Rome" series, and today I finished up this one:

https://amyshouldbeforty.podbean.com/

I remember this because 1) I am her age, roughly, and 2) one of my college friends was one of the last people to see her -- they were close friends, she got a call, and she had all of these stories about the investigation (how it was futile, in many ways, despite the efforts -- they really had no idea who it was, it seemed) that I could just discuss for hours in the art labs. A few years ago she got married, I was invited, and there were all of these pictures of her with Amy on those boards they now have.  It was -- in all honesty -- somewhat jarring, and when I asked the bride about it, she said it would be like my having a picture of Alex Trebec.  To which I answered "No it is not!"

https://www.cleveland.com/community/2020/08/north-royalton-city-council-appointee-resigns-after-social-media-attacks-police-record-revelations.html

This is hilarious, and I think we all know how much I love little stuff like this...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home