Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Wokefulness

 So, on the one hand I am tired and need to sleep, but on the other hand, I am not tired now... so here I am. My house is infested with gnats; ok, just the kitchen and the laundry room but it is annoying. I have been smacking them with regularity, and I found some spray, which sort of helped, but... I am out of spray, so tomorrow, off I go to the hardware store.  Oi.  

https://lawliberty.org/complicating-our-crises/

Quite so.  And, of course, no one expects anyone to do anything about it...

I am sad to say that I am not watching the DNC, in so far as it is going on; I usually watch some, if not all, of theirs, and all of ours, but this year... I do believe -- like sports -- these things are better with the crowds; speakers get energized by the cheers, and vice versa. It will especially affect the RNC fest, given how POTUS feeds off this sort of thing.  I wonder if, and how, he can figure this out.  I am not exactly, confident, if you get my drift...

I have to give OHSAA props; given the threat of serious revenue loss due to no football... what do they do? Shorten the season and everybody makes the playoffs.. which means more playoff games, all of which they get a part of...  People of course will attend these games, even if it is just the parents and the band, and the cash cow is preserved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home