Friday, August 28, 2020

resting

 Well, I watched a bit more of the convention, including the President's speech.  And...it was ok?  It was long, and while I think he hit his points, he could have done so 1) in less time and 2) without his harness. It was clear he was more disciplined last night, which is largely fine, but to me the strength of Trump, speaker, is when he goes off the rails a bit -- the insults, the catchphrases, the stuff that makes people laugh or at least remember him.  Very little of that yesterday.  In the meantime, I am not sure it helps him, as I think most people have decided this one way or another...

https://www.outkick.com/stephen-a-smith-defends-fox-news-after-max-kellerman-says-its-viewers-are-susceptible-to-low-quality-information/

Found myself agreeing with Stephen A. Smith there, which is an uncomforable and somewhat nauseous feeling...

Took a half-day off today, so this afternoon I mainly caught up on the 58 things I abandoned during the week -- setting up MD appointments, playing money games at the bank, checking on things, food pantry stuff -- that I didn't realize how much time it actually takes. Not that it takes all that much time, but by the time you call, get online, wait, go over everything... it adds up.  I can see why people actually take vacation days, if only I could use them to, you know, go on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home