Tuesday, September 01, 2020

The Rising Tide

 I have to admit, the email box is nearly empty, and the bookmark pile is equally nearly empty, and I consider that a good thing... of course, this will not remain so, but for now... In the meantime, one thing I can't help but notice that if the Tribe payroll is low now, wait til next year.  To be sure, Perez and Hand won't be missed that much, but Santana... I don't know, his glove and on-base skills are, to me, an asset.  Are they worth $17 million, prolly not, and certainly to this club...Alas.  I can see a payrolle below $50 million, if that...

Yesterday I went to the oral surgeon; had to get some gum removed so my cap could fit after the root canal. It was not exactly fun, of course, and I have the pain pills (which I take grudgingly; it's not too bad) and the antibiotics (a necessary evil). It will be a few days before the discomfort goes away, and a few more before the diet is normal, not that this is a bad thing, as a diet of soup may burn off some pounds.  I skipped the gym yesterday and today... mainly because I had a haircut and a Zoom appointment.  My hair place is in Lakewood, and I passed by the food truck court, and I was immediately wistful... but I have behaved and it is probably for the better.

Had a conference call with the staff at the new place about Mom.  Complete 180 from the old one; they seem to think Mom --once she gets the full workout -- will be able to go home and live as well as she could before everything... it was a little odd; she is not as confident, but I seem to think Mom underestimates her own strength.  It was still good to hear, and after last week and its...crapitude at times, this was...enervating?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home