Monday, August 31, 2020

Sadness and goodbye

 You know, I always liked Clevinger; maybe it was the flowing locks, the non-conformity, the way he worked to develop himself into a 200-IP starter, bordering on elite...and now he's gone.  Alas.  I guess -- having seen the Tribe trade so many aces for not much, I am expecting these guys to do the same. As for the deal, I am not a huge fan of the quality/quantity deal, and given that we are in contention now for a title, I think you have to get more.  As for the return... well, Naylor can hit and play LF, and if he hits, well, that is an improvement over the others who have been there; they also save on jersey costs, they can use his brother's.  Ha!  Anyways, Quantrill is a reliever (maybe the pitching geniuses try him as a starter?) and Hedges will be an equally hitless improvement over Leon (not that I think he is going anywhere). As for the prospects... a lefty starter (maybe), a SS replacement for Lindor (yeah, surre), and a Kip clone (I see Brad Miller at best).  And, of course, the cash savings...

https://spectator.org/can-trump-win-minnesota/

Funny; months ago, pre-pandemic, one of my OWU classmates who works up there told me s/he was concenred about Trump winning there, between the economic message and Rep. Omar, they thought he was quietly making inroads in a state he barely lost. I would tell them if Trump wins MN, he prolly wins the election, because he is keeping WI, PA, etc.; and if he keeps those he keeps OH, FL, NC, etc.. Is this still true? Doubtful; I'm not sure the culture message/silent majority thing resonates with as many voters as it used to. But he has a point in that the violence is getting out of hand, and that may attract just enough voters. I still think he needs the economy and a semblance of COVID competence, and I can see one, but not the other...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home