Friday, September 04, 2020

A respite

 No, I was not taking a blogging hiatus, just trying to sleep a bit more (ha), exercise a bit more (better), watch some Sherlock Holmes (yes), and read a bit (some success).  Rah.  I figure it's a long weekend, so I can do some things I want, as I don't really have to set a clock, save for Sunday...

Went to Gually's Restaurant and Deli today...yes, there was a heavy police presence around there, to put it mildly.  Anyways, I got there when the kitchen and dining room were closed, so I took food to go -- chicken, rice, beans, and flan.  It was outstanding; better than my bday dinner, and I want to go back when the kitchen is open, so I can order something  more elaborate (and Puerto Rican).  I also had coffee with a friend and visited not only his house, but his rental property that he boiught and is rehabbing and selling.  To put it mildly, the place is a shithole, but my friend Mark is handy and goes through these things like women and bikes, so... let's just say that I took a shower anyways when I got home.

The unemployment numbers were good; surprisingly so, but let's face it, most of it is from joblessness, with hiring -- though growing-- not nearly enough. For all of the culture war the POTUS is throwing -- coming to Cleveland now would be a smooth move for him, I think -- the economy is where I think he can shine and make the case for re-election.  I think he can make points there, and he can always say that all of his actions regarding COVID were taken with the idea of getting people back to work as soon as possible. I am not saying that this is the best course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home