Friday, September 11, 2020

Visions

 Forgot to mention that I hit another restaurant off my food list:  Boss Chicken & Beer in Berea.  It was funny... stopped to deliver a care package to Mom, and, of course, no one was there to answer the door.  I noted it was 7 -- shift change, so I said, ok, maybe they are busy, so I hauled the three miles or so there, and had dinner... pretty good, actually.  I am not a huge fan of wings, but theirs were decent (mainly legs, too), meaty, and the citrus BBQ sauce was just right.  I also liked the fried/grilled Brussels sprouts; just right on crispiness... I am not quite sure it was worth $14, but close enough, so I would go back, and maybe try a non-wing alternative..  Of course, after dinner, I went back to the home, and... more tumbleweeds.  I finally called the desk line and a nurse came to the door... oi.  At least Mom is doing better; walking lots (for her!) and working on the stuff of life.  They are more confident than she is about going home, but... methinks it will be soon.  Or else.

https://theathletic.com/2055379/2020/09/11/qa-r-a-dickey-on-his-endangered-weapon-his-home-pitching-lab-tom-seaver/

Given my fondness for knuckleballs, I couldn't help but read this... sad but true, there are no knuckleballers on the active rosters this year...

Funny; tomorrow I have nothing to do, save for the trip to the gym and maybe to the grocery store.  This is rare; between food pantry, work, and other things, there is often something going on that requires a chunk of time.  But not tomorrow; I have this vision of sleeping in, reading a good hunk of the book I just started, and maybe catching up on the pile of links and articles to read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home