Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Spinning

 Six days...not quite a record, but... here we are.  It has been an interesting time... first, Mom. She has been doing better, until Sunday... she was complaining of feeling unwell, then stomach cramps, so I convinced her that this maybe wasn't a stomachache (I am not a gentle nurse)...and it was not.  Rather, she had a blocked bile duct, and needed care soon...ended up taking the chopper to UH downtown.  But, they were able to get rid of the stone and she is doing... better?  As the MD said, she can buy green bananas.  Yesterday they took her off the ventilator (needed for the endoscopy) and she ate real food and did some walking.  This is good, but when Mom called, she gave us the usual pablum about how she should buy the farm.  My sister did not appreciate this, so we had to have a pep talk (my abilities there are as well as my nursing).  The only downside is that Mom will need to go back to a home for a bit for some rehab, and that is going to be a hard sell...

AS you cay see, I am up; I had planned on a double day at the gym (yesterday I was low, blood-sugar-wise, all night, to say nothing of what could be safely called an overdose of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku42Iszh9KM) today, but my blood sugar is a bit low (Not that I am complaining) and I have 100 things to read, so maybe tomorrow.  I feel fat, not that I am; just a but of stress eating at night and the general running around, oi.

I needed a coffee break yesterday, and was out of instant, so I hopped over to Starbucks; the condiment counter is gone, so you have to tell the baristas (and they were, and cute ones, too) what to put in... it worked out ok, but I think my micromanaging runs down to the coffee cup, and that is prolly unwise.

Also yesterday...got a haircut. My usual stylist is no longer employed there, and the new one was...fine?  I mean, she dissuaded me from the man bun, and everything looks the same.  But a new stylist is like a new phlebotomist, and the way things are going now... I could use a bit less novelty, if you get my drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home