Monday, November 09, 2020

Wakey wakey

So...Sunday, after my usual affairs, I laid down on the bed to read...it was about 1:30.  When I woke up...it was 7:15. I can't recall the last time I took a 5-plus hour nap, though truth be told, I was probably behind on sleep.  The only problem with that, of course, is that then I was scrambling to do all of the stuff I wanted to do in the rest of the evening, to say nothing of the fact that I didn't any reading done.  Anyways, I decided to return to productivity today by hitting the gym for a double (legs in the AM)... it was quite warm in there, I realized soon into the cardio.  I guess the AC is off for the year, which is fine, but I was a sweaty mess.

I thought the tribute to Alex before today's Jeopardy was extremely well done.  It was certainly genuine, I will give you that, and I think rightfully so... this may be coincidence, but I got 56 right (of 60) today, which is probably a record, at least for regular J!  People have been asking me (I guess I get why) who I think the next host will be (too soon, not that I am one to make that judgment), and I think the safe/obvious choice is to move Ken Jennings into the role (he is already on the payroll).  Not saying there aren't better choices, but... 

https://thereader.mitpress.mit.edu/the-covid-crisis-is-reinforcing-the-hunger-industrial-complex/?fbclid=IwAR06JLi923-8jceysoK2M6RP08EHuHWD2x53qtwyMUKocJgo0pnNl1R_lyc

I have said this many times, namely 1) Most food banks have staff levels that are incredible (and incredibly entrenched and 2) Maybe these companies should keep people on payrolls and stimulate demand...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home