Monday, November 02, 2020

Jitters and Links

 It was funny; I had planend on blogging and reading last night, or at least reading... but I laid in bed to read at about 10:30 and that was that. I woke up at 1:30 with lights on and dressed.  Basically I rolled back to bed. I guess I don't sleep enough, and well enough, and the result is that I am always exhausted at night.  And tomorrow might be a late night...maybe?  I don't know; I read a couple of articles pointing out that the gap between GOP and Democrat early votes has narrowed this year, and that is good for Trump, as GOP voters come out on Election Day.  I think this is largely true, but 1) It seems everyone, GOP or Dem, is voting by mail this year and 2) It only tracks registration, and I just wonder how many GOPers are voting for Biden, for one reason or another.  Nothing in the book says we can't have shy Biden voters, especially if my theory that all the GOP voters are out there now and none are really silent anymore...

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2020/10/our-anti-catholic-administrative-state

My college roomie sent this to me, and as I told him, its a feature, not a bug... 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/10/30/the_future_of_the_gop_is_trumpy_144566.html

Oh, I don't know... it would depend on what happens tomorrow, right? A blowout means you dust off the GOP's report/autopsy from 2012; a close loss, I think, you pin on COVID wrecking the economy, and a win, narrow as it may be, means four more years of the same.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-great-cannonball-boom

I love stories like this, mainly as there is nothing more American than fast cars, road trips, and breaking the rules...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home