Saturday, November 07, 2020

Back in Action

 So, last night, I must have nodded off after J!, because when I woke up on the floor...it was 12:40.  Oi.  I then checked the phone, answered some messages, and went straight back to bed.  Tuesday night I was up til past three, and Wednesday I went to bed at midnight.. Thursday I crashed after making some cabbage and noodles (I have an immense quantity of it, which is good, as I like it, but let;s just the paint is being tested here), which is somewhat labor intensive...funny, because I was thinking I could get to 1,000 posts here, and maybe I can, but all these hiatuse, if you will, will not make it happen.

As for the election, I am not surprised that he lost (but certainly saddened), though the manner was rough...I don't necessarily think corrupt influences were involved, but a long and slow count -- consistently from the same parts of the states -- makes one believe that the fix is in.  Nor do I necessarily blame Trump for not conceding...considering the hem-hawwing in 2016, they deserve the same.

http://www.capitalspectator.com/now-we-know-trumps-2016-win-was-no-fluke/

I made this point to some co-workers Wednesday; basically, much of the electorate was unchanged...Ohio went for Trump by 8; MI, WI, and PA went to Biden by about 1, which is about (less) than what Trump won them by... FL was slightly larger for Trump; VA was a bit bluer... GA was a switch, as was AZ, but... if only Trump had acted to take the COVID pandemic slightly more seriously; even just wearing a mask and the pretense of taking it seriously might have negated the gender gap, and we would not be having sad face...

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/11/2/21545401/jeopardy-preemption-election-coverage

I liked this... true, I get a little miffed when they cut in to J! for some weather event or other event, like RBG passing... funny; my first trip back to the UTOC was right when Pope John Paul II  was passing, and my Mom was deeply concerned that Iwould get pre-empted.  I told her she was being ridiculous -- he is the pope -- and that didn't go well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home