Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Past and Future

 Here I am, as always, awake at night.  To be sure, I am off tomorrow --  mandatory vacation day, and I am not skipping it -- but I also intend to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to hit the gym (my sister expects the governor to close the gyms again) and run some errands.  Of course, it will be glorious just to do very little but the stuff of leisure -- read some things, close up some links in the browser, maybe descend into the basement for some cleaning...

I noticed I was out of stamps today...on the one hand, this annoys me, as I have 9,000 address labels, and who sends mail...but of course, that's the problem; honestly, the post office does a good job!  Rarely does my mail go astray (either way) and let's face it, 50 cents to send a letter anywhere is pretty nice.  Of course, online stuff is free, and as even my Mom has discovered, all of that stuff adds up...  My Luddism has limits, especially when it comes to the pocketbook.

I was discussing today with the coworkers the future of the GOP; namely, can Trumpism survive without Trump? I don;t know; Mike Pence really doesn't seem the type.  He certainly has the rep with the Christian base, and as a small government conservative type he is fine, but the rest of the Trump package seemed a forced marriage.  Hawley and Cotton are on the list, and DeSantis has delivered FL twice for Trump, so that should propel him to front-runner status.  Rubio and Cruz, honestly, are young enough -- and certainly have bases of support -- to keep them around as well. Hell, Dan Crenshaw certainly has a compelling story, and mocking liberals and QAnon gives him a certain legitimacy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home