Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Progress Across the Board

 Busy day today, sort of... hit the gym this morning (legs) and tonight (chest/core);  I figure I have another week or so to do the two-a-days before the governor kicks in... oi.  In addition to the fitness benefits, I can do two rounds of cardio on the exercise bike, which means more time to read, which I need, because the current oeuvre:

https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-American-Whig-Party/dp/0195161041

is about 1,000 pages (no I am not kidding). Mind you, it's very interesting, but it is a tough slog (small font, and there are a lot of twist and turns; Northen Whigs, Southern Whigs, Conscience Whigs, Locofocos, Barnburners, Hunkers... Anyways, I do like the stuff -- the bit about Whigs complaining about Dems stuffing the ballot box in Philly to win the 1844 election was timely -- but it is taking a while.  So, an extra 20 minutes or so of bike time...I am up to page 342, and I feel like I have to had to work to get there.

Anyways, for lunch I went to El Rinconcito Chapin, a Guatemalan restaurant in Old Brooklyn; part of my plan to try new places on my list and to eat out more in general; let's face it, they need the help.  It was quite good -- pupusas, their version of enchiladas, and tres leches cake --  but the only issue was that I asked the server if it was spicy... she said it was not, but, as I gently told her (she was amused), she lied, as it had some late kick... I had to drink some extra pop before the cake, which was quite rich.  Between the spicy food and the cake, when I got home... let's just say I, like, Guatemala's three active volcanoes, had quite the eruption.

Then today I came home and finished watching the Granada Sherlock Holmes series and crossed off some of the article I had bookmarked. I will miss the Holmes series, even if some of the dramatization was... a bit much.  There are now only 300 hours of other programs I want to watch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home