Thursday, December 10, 2020

Cravings

 https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/nate-oats-sounds-off-on-talk-of-postponing-season-due-to-covid-19-we-should-100-percent-be-playing-basketball

You know, I side with Nate Olds here...one, I do think Coach K is trying to fix his team on the fly, and two... I would argue that college athletes are probably best suited to withstanding the virus, so... teams, if possible, should play...

I had this taste for ice cream today, and... it seems most of the places are closed.  Some of the local joints are done for the season; the nearest East Coast Custard is.  I went to Handel's, which is fine, because it is quite good, but I guess I was a little surprised that places shut down.  I guess they are not that busy...but it seemed that Handel's was doing a land office business when I arrived.  People need their sweet fixes, and I suspect that the pandemic has accelerated it...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-black-latino-and-progressive-democrats-are-forcing-biden-to-rethink-his-cabinet-picks/

This amused me, as yes, NO Never Trumpers have been named to the Cabinet, and even if they are...well, let's just say it will be to the ignomity that they richly deserve...

It will be odd to see Carlos Santana as a Royal the next two years, but...I don't know.  I recall what Bill James said about players with "old-player" skills; they tend to fall far and fast.  On the other hand...he developed the theory when players with Santana's skill set -- enhanced plate discipline -- were...less common, or, at least, it was not developed to the extent that it is now.  So I just wonder how much of the batting eye will remain as he ages and the power diminishes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home