Sunday, December 13, 2020

Busy-ness

 The Cleveland Baseball Team? Give me a break.  How shall I say this...if the Tribe doesn't want to use Indians...well, I can anticipate many fewer nights at the ballpark.  Alas, alack.  I wonder how many people will feel the same way...

In other news.... while I am not a huge fan of football, it's no secret that I prefer the college game to the pro game, namely because so many more interesting things happen... shoe tossing, for one?  The end of the LSU-FL game was impressive, as was the WMU-Ball State ending.  And, then, of course, the firings.. Kevin Sumlin was dead man walking, as was Lovie Smith, and then Gus Malzahn.  I told a few friends that Hugh Frazee -- having absorbed as much Christianity he could take -- would be the next football coach at Auburn, and sure enough...his name is in the hopper.

Busy day -- surprisingly so.  The usual -- Mass, gym, laundry, followed by a trip out to Westgate to Target to pick up some ordered gift items; for all of the hustle and bustle there, it went quite smoothly.  Then off to King Wah (it's on my list of restaurants to visit) for lunch; it was quite good (the har gou was an awesome remembrance of things past) even if it was a bit odd in that it seemed that all of the guests were crammed in one section, which was...hardly distant, if you get my drift.  Of course, life is to be lived.  Then I hit some friends out there for a porch visit (I was roundly chagrined for being active in life as part of a high risk category; I think we all know how I feel about that), followed by a porch visit to another friend (pneumonia will get me before COVID).  Then home, where I tried out a new salmon marinade recipe...it was good, but I suspect the toaster oven's temps are not quite the same as that of a real oven. 

Funny, as I had planned to spend the day catching up on reading (I did some of that) and clearing out the email and links backlog....not that I didn't, but we still have several more stalls in the Augean Stables to clean out..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home