Sunday, December 20, 2020

Progress

 Anyways....life goes on. Went back to the gym today (skipped yesterday), which was good.  The "Check Engine" light in my car has went out, which is suspicious.  Made all of the calls, texts, and such to pass on the news...couple of talks with my sister about the next steps -- funeral planning, cleaning out the hovel, that sort of thing.  I noticed the house is slightly messy, but as Xmas has been delayed til June, it can probably wait.  I did the dishes and took it upon myself to read a magazine from the pile, which is not exactly helpful to the cause.

I realized today -- even moreso -- that I could do both a tradtional Polish Wigilia and a Downton Abbey Christmas for Boxing Day...it would be awesome, aside from the making of 12 or so unfamiliar dishes, and working like a dog on the holiday, which would be less awesome. But I could certainly do a couple of each...hell, they sell pickled herring in the store, so I could use that as well...

I am not exactly surprised by the CFP results, but I was a little surprised to see several of my OSU-loving friends saying they didn't deserve to be in.  I think this is fair, but... the conference or even OSU could have helped by making them play another conference game or scheduling someone -- anyone -- to come to Columbus. I think the committee would have paid more respect to BYU compared to say, Coastal Carolina or Liberty, but I think OSU could have waved enough money around to have gotten a real opponent, and it would have not only given them another game... it would have sent a message that they were trying to fill out a season with games and were serious about competing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home