Saturday, January 09, 2021

A Man in Motion

 Today was a day where I felt as if I was on "tilt."  Got up at the crack of dawn for food pantry duty.  Not terribly busy but steady.  Then I left early for a Funeral Mass -- a good friend from church, so of course I had to go.  Then back to the OC to help close, take inventory, that sort of thing.  Hit the credit union to play some money games.  Aldi, Acme, home for a bit for a quick lunch...then off to the gym (arms) and the jewelry store (watch batteries).  Sorted some stuff at the hovel, came home.  All the while...sorting through texts and other messages about various things.  It doesn't sound or seem mentally taxing, but... just good to be home.

I note that I need to start crossing places off my list of restaurants, but a lot of them are closed or carryout only, and while I am not exactly opposed to this...some places I want to just sit and enjoy the ambiance, sample an app... that sort of thing.  My list is long, so I can prolly figure something out, but...

Also, last week my grand plans to hit the gym twice a day three times came to...none.  Just ones.  Part of it I was tired (waking up at night with low blood sugar) and then I would oversleep a bit, so no time...and some of it was, I think, just the fact that I am so sleepy...even last night seven hours was a rare event for me!

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2021/01/01/cnns-zakaria-dirty-little-secret-trump-was-tough-russia

I get a kick out of stuff like this; I mean, I certainly chronicled the President's soft stance on Russia many times here...  the more serious thing though is that when people claim Biden stole the election, some of it is just that nothing POTUS did could be seen in a positive light; for all of the talk of Putin love, in policy, it was quite different.  The media, of course, should be held accountable for this, but won't be.

https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/politics-after-trump

Good and interesting read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home