Saturday, January 02, 2021

The New Year

 A new year, a new blog post... that was an impressive OSU win last night; I don't know, but it seems that Ryan Day is just a completely different game caller than Urban Meyer, and it seems to be the road not taken... for the better, I think.  Of course, Alabama is probably the best team out there, and if OSU spent its emotional bolt after this game...  In other news, I find it fascinating that Tom Herman is out of a job and Jim Harbaugh will keep his for most of this decade (for now).

OC duty today.  Rah.  Actually, it was pretty slow -- 50 clients, it seems people have been conditioned to think that we are NOT open (it is a holiday weekend!) even though we didn't say so.  Shame, as we had lots of produce to give away and a good set of volunteers who had very little to do.  Aside from the usual cleaning and stock rotating, everyone just slow-worked and chatted. Alas.  One funny thing...one of the volunteers complimented me on how I have adjusted to the single vocation, and that I was really good at it.  It was all I could do to NOT tell him that maybe I am just a selfish asshole...

I hate to say this, but...2020, certain events at the end of the year notwithstanding, wasn't that bad for me.  Working from home is going ok and I certainly saved wear and tear on the car. Hitting the gym more often (two a days a couple of times a week) has helped in some ways. My finances are improved a bit (spending less on gas, paying down debt) and I can see more improvement this year if things continue.  I purged some toxic people from life (mostly) and made better friends in the process.  I need to get more book reading done, of course; that can be solved by not fucking around with other stuff and reading stuff online (which isn't that bad, of course).  I need to drop a few pounds; might start walking a bit outside on the cool and dry days, at the very least (or pace around the house more).

Another thing -- and this is a Sisyphean one -- is to clean out the stuff I have bookmarked; there are a bunch of reasons why I have a bunch no matter what, but...I need to start achieving things, if you will, and get to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home