Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Hats in the Ring

 A hiatus of sorts... work was busy, a friend was having some personal issues that I had to sort out (you must be far down in life if I am the most compassionate person you can find), and an attempt (ha!) to get to bed early.  So here we are now... not tired, though I should be.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/paula-bolyard/2021/01/26/gop-gears-up-for-a-fierce-primary-battle-to-replace-outgoing-sen-rob-portman-here-are-the-possible-contenders-n1409638

You know, there are a LOT of good candidates on that list -- I had forgotten a bunch of them.  I am not sure it is that much of a problem, mainly because 1) Not all will run and 2) I think the Ohio GOP has sort of figured out the succession; Yost will become governor, LaRose or Faber moves up, and there we go... the trick will be pulling the right name out of the ranks.  The other trick is...Jim Jordan; I think he is the one that could take the seat from "Lean GOP" to toss-up, which is what we don't need; I would rather have the boring GOPer.  As for the Dems, I would wet my pants if it were Chris Redfern....

Got a new haircut today; I asked her to do something different, so she sheared more off the sides and less off the top.  Not exactly sure how I am going to handle it, but it does look good, so so far, so good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home