Saturday, January 23, 2021

Frozen

 So, Thursday I watched UCONN-UT, and for a women's basketball game, it was pretty exciting and entertaining (the level of play will never be the men's, but I still like and appreciate it, especiallt the marquee matchups), and then last night -- after a thrilling, freezing, three-mile run, a friend clued me into CSU on the national stage of ESPN2... and it was also a thrilling, exciting basketball game. Today's Duke game was not so much, but...  I guess that;s what I prefer about college hoops; the games do mean more, at the end of the day.

OC duty today, and we had a grand crowd of...33.  Yes, almost a record.  Sad, as we had plenty of volunteers, and plenty of stuff to give away...so not sure what we are going to do now.  Ok, I put all of the stuff in the fridges and freezers, and we will order less for the next couple of weeks.  It was cold -- for the volunteers -- and that was no fun, but as 85% of the clients drive, I don;t think it was a factor; hell we were discussing how in pre-COVID days they would be lined up outside the door two-deep at 8 AM...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-case-against-democrats-nuking-the-filibuster/ar-BB1d0d1b?li=BBnbcA1

This could be me, but 1) they would be dumb to nuke it, but even if they did 2) We could always put it back when we re-take the Senate (ideally in 2022), so, aside from a two-year push (or putsch, as the case may be)...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/21/trump-revenge-gop-impeachment-backers-461189

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/21/liz-cheneys-problems-pile-up-461218

I get a kick out of these articles; ok, I called Mary Cheney's issues a few days ago, and I think she is a dead (wo)man walking...as for others, I am not sure; I mean, if Christine Hagan is the best against Anthony Gonzalez, I think he should be happy.  I do believe it is more a matter of geography and opponent that level of anti-Trumpism, but...

 I also think the flip side is equally interesting -- all these guys like Cruz and Hawley getting defunded.  I don;t think we can discount the role of cash, but if they are smart -- and they are -- can't they use this to their advantage?  Us against them, the Swamp protecting its own, the big corporations crushing the little guys... I mean, I think an awesome commercial would say "vote for me and I will make their corporate lives hell," which would be even better if they actually went and did it...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home