Thursday, January 28, 2021

Afternoon report

 So, one of my coworkers asked me yesterday if they shouldn't be banning apps like Robinhood, given their role in such thing as the GameStop stock surge.  I told him no, of course -- like any other form of gambling, the stock market is something you should be prepared for, and, well, a lot of people seem to be making out like bandits in it.  I think he knew my answer, of course, but his point was that just as people like Parler were as bad for the country, so too are stock-trading things like these, which just create artificial bubbles and can burn people.  He isn't completely wrong, quite honestly, but I think there is less sympathy in general for people who day trade (people just sitting around not working and playing the market) than other types of activity.  Now, of course, they have closed GameStop trading and people are complaining it is to bail out the hedge funds...but those guys lean left anyways, so...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/let-s-pretend-cleveland-isn-t-done-this-offseason/ar-BB1db8D1?ocid=hplocalnews

Interesting take; I for one think they will move Rosario (look at the savings) and then play Gimenez at SS, leaving Hernandez at 2B free and clear.  Not sure what they will get from him, but prospects and all those cash savings are likely enough for them.  Jones to LF will be interesting in a different way.  I think Johnson should get a crack at playing every day, but it seems he is stretched in CF, but Mercado's bat is stretched there (I see a bounce up not a bounce back) and in this age of K, I think you can sacrifice a little with the gloves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home