Monday, February 08, 2021

News of Interest

Finally posting again....rah.  Sort of a restful weekend; went to bed at a normal time Friday but slept in Saturday, which was nice...got a full eight hours of sleep, a true rarity.  Went on a date a couple of days ago.  It was...ok?  She is quite the liberal, and an attorney, but she was nice and cute and fairly intelligent (for a liberal).  It did amuse me that she got lost on the way to the restaurant, despite her haivng her phone on the enture time, so as to make sure her navigational skills were not needed and she could juste listen and drive.... as you can imagine, I got a kick out of that one.  As for another... maybe?  I can never tell with these things (obviously).

The ghosts of Xmas past on the Tribe roster -- Shaw and Freeman, while Heath Hembree is also involved.  I joked that he will love the analytics, but miss the nutritional advice of Gabe Kapler. I thinl the relievers are done, but a minor league deal literally costs nothing (even for this team) and you never know...though we can guess.

Dentist tomorrow; I have a toothache and I suspect it will have to be fixed, root canal-wise...ugh.  I didn't care for my teeth for a while, and the chickens have come home to roost.  Oi.  I had planned on some aggressive debt reduction and maybe a restaurant this week, and obviously, that will have to change... alas, alack.  

Watched "Buena Vista Social Club" a couple of days ago, bringing my total to 754.  It was...ok?  Not sure it qualified as an American film, given most of it was shot in Cuba (it was about musicians of the period) and really didn't have any American cast.  Still. a film off the list...

https://theweek.com/articles/964006/rise-barstool-conservatives

I guess you could say I am of the persuasion; more to the point, I can see others of their ilk taking a sde...thiss will be good for the locals, but I think the overall argument is lifted.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home