Tuesday, March 02, 2021

A new month

 This gap between posts is ridiculous, and fortunately ends tonight!  Mainly, work has been busy -- lots of 8 to 6 days -- and thus by the time I eat dinner, pray, do some other stuff, it is time for Jeopardy! which means I hit the gym after, which means I get home by 10, and after a bit of reading and Net-surfing, I feel the need to crash, no matter what...which often means no posting.  But not today.

Just read the Athletic article about Mickey Callaway and his time with the Tribe.  This could be me, but while it is damning, there is just enough there for the Tribe (and its brass) to escape any sort of punishment or culpability -- the only reports that could hurt them, I think, are that they didn't punish him enough for having an affair that got in the way of official business.  I suspect the front office and everyone knew more, but not officially, and thus had culpable deniability, if you will.

https://www.thenewneo.com/2021/02/20/obamacare-was-the-turning-point-for-the-american-left/

I think this is true, but I also don't think that the GOP wouldn't do the same thing...

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/10/why-you-hate-contemporary-architecture

Long read but interesting and worth your time, and I completely agree!

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/i-cant-stand-fox-news-but-censoring-94b

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, as eventually conservatives will figure out a way to get their content out there on their own platforms and people like Google will have to play catchup; I mean, it happened on radio with Rush, and then on cable with Fox News, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home