Monday, March 15, 2021

Catching Up

 So, I spent most of the weekend working, catching up on other stuff, and not sleeping, for Lord knows why.  Oi.  The check engine light on the truck has popped on -- briefly -- twice in the past few days, and while I suspect it is just a sensor, it is an annoyance, and at a time when everything is helter-skelter, it is one I could do without. 

I didn't watch the men's selection show, but I did have the women's one on...I sort of like the thing where they show ALL of the teams when they are announced; it would be a little cooler if they didn't have to be socially distanced and you can have the band and the cheerleaders and all, but... in other news, I do think Belmont got royally screwed by the NCAA in not getting an NIT berth.  As I have mentioned before, cutting the size of the field AND eliminating the auto-qualifier for conference champions was...not good.  I don't necessarily think Belmont is the best team, but they are being punished for being too good of a mid-major to play anybody...

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2021/03/cleveland-indians-trade-mike-freeman-to-reds-send-six-players-to-minors.html

This was a surprise; joking about the penuriousness of ownership notwithstanding, we all know how Francona loves his veterans and guys who can play everywhere, and to move Freeman was...surprising. It does bode well for Chang -- now is the time to see what he can do -- and I also liked the idea of cutting Hamilton to the curb to free time for Zimmer. Now, the Rosario to CF idea is...interesting, to put it mildly, but I would argue it just reflects the lack of confidence (and completely justified) in Mercado.  Plus, trading for Rosario and NOT playing him would be...dumb, even for this team.

https://revealnews.org/article/how-is-this-legal/

You know, as I like to say, for a GOP state, we don't do a lot of GOP things, but I would think this would be a place to start...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home