Thursday, March 11, 2021

Discontents

 Watched "War Horse" yesterday -- the Steven Spielburg movie about, well, a boy and his horse.  It was...fine?  I mean, I am not one for animals, so this was just meh, and a little maudlin, but as entertaining tales go it was well enough.  I need to get into the habit of watching movies again, not that I have work to do, chores to undertake, and books to read.  Alas.

So, the Duke season is over due to a COVID test, and everyone is crying about their fate.  I guess so, but...again, they never should have been in this position in the first place, and thus it all seems maudlin to me anyways -- two good games do not define a season.  Hell, one cannot put out of their mind that this was a set up to end the season now while things were...fortuitous.  I don't necessarility agree with the idea that Coach K needs to go (the Fun Run Bunch seems to favor this) but this has not been his best season...

https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/2021/03/gov-mike-dewines-vaccination-priorities-are-shockingly-biased-leila-atassi.html

We discuss this on Fun Runs all the time; indeed, it's not unfair to say that fat-shaming is a regular part of the trip.  And you know what?  That's to the good.  I hate to say this, but -- in our cases, certainly, and in plenty of others -- there is no deep, psychological reason for obesity; we eat too much and we laze around (this is the reason I am carrying 8 more pounds than I should be).  Mind you, I'm not saying this as a Type I diabetic, simply as the rapidly dying breed of personal responsibility types...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home