Saturday, March 20, 2021

Weekend Update

 Oi,I crashed hard last night -- about 11 I would say-- and I didn't wake up until after 9. I guess I needed the sleep but in all actuality there are plenty of things I wanted to do bright and early in the morning...

I have discovered Pink Lady apples; I bought a couple of bags when they were on sale at Marc's, and lo and behold, they are delicious... just the right mix of tangy and sweet.

Yesterday I went to St. Columbkille's for their fish fry; the baked fish was quite good, and everything else was fine, but the cabbage and noodles...well, it was mainly noodles, very little cabbage.  As a friend from church likes to say, there is a balance, and this was not it...alas.  I mean, it was seasoned well, but...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/03/19/gavin-newsom-recall-476746

This is pretty hilarious, and, honestly... why the heck not?

https://www.nationaljournal.com/wp/off-to-the-races-a-historic-bill-but-at-what-costthe-1-9-trillion-package-does-a-lot-more-than-simply-address-the-pandemic-and-the-economy-which-is-why-republicans-were-so-reluctant-to-play-ball/?mkt_tok=NTU2LVlFRS05NjkAAAF7t2bvIxDx85vS3PucOuf50kYdU6YGJwnRB12gHYklsKF1l0GfAYJgJHAgcoysmEf5uDBnmPhGdYsYfacE5mFc5uLXB1hleWBxrhdYlCyYni5

This was an interesting take; certainly, the GOP is going to have trouble running against this, but I think the needle can be threaded... well, by some of them, at least.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/economy-revs-up-as-americans-increase-spending-on-flights-lodging-dining-out-11616146202?mod=hp_lead_pos5

I wonder....certainly I see more people out, with the bars packed and all, but I suspect this is younger/less risk-inclined types getting out.  I suspect that there will be plenty of people who will be leery of getting out there and that might harm things.  I hope not, for a bunch of reasons....

On the one hand, I feel badly for OSU and their fans...on the other, they absolutely deserved to lose that game, and considering the years of mockery this Duke fan has endured...well, I am enjoyed some parts of this a little bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home