Thursday, March 18, 2021

Midnight Chimes

 https://theathletic.com/2451953/2021/03/18/searching-for-shorty-gallagher-a-lost-face-in-the-cleveland-crowd/

This was pretty good; I actually loved the guy's premise!

I watched "Chimes at Midnight" last night; interesting film, Orson Welles' look at Falstaff through the lens of Shakespeare's plays.  The camera work is awesome, and Welles does fit the role. The only problem with Shakespeare on screen, I think, is that now the language needs to be read to be better grasped; the wordplay can be quite intricate...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/media-face-the-music-ron-desantis-got-it-right/ar-BB1eGNxV?li=BBnbfcL

Quite true!  I think he is the front-runner for 2024, aside from a certain elephant in the room...I think the thing people like about him is that, like Trump, he fights back; GOPers nowadays want that pugnacity in dealing with the hostile press, and he has certainly taken people to task.

I've been drinking a lot more milk lately; some of it is that I have been rigorous in drinking it for breakfast, but also I have been drinking more coffee at home, and it just tastes better with real milk. At the office I would use the powdered creamer, which is fine, but you can't beat the real thing...

Tried to get opening day tickets today...a stupendous but not unexpected failure. Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home