Thursday, March 25, 2021

High Speeds

 I watched some of the POTUS's press conference today...no gaffes or flubs, at least major ones, which, for him, is a good thing...on the other hand, nothing really unexpected.  So I guess he won, at least by not losing.  It does not inspire confidence...

I can't believe this Sunday is Palm Sunday and next Sunday is Easter...Lent has gone by sooo quickly...it feels like spring, at least, with the warmer weather (if not the rain and wind coming down now). Going to the gym is a little chill-inducing, and I even hit a double Wednesday...I did some extra cardio yesterday and today, but today it was too much...low blood sugar struck and there I was, eating to recover, which, as you can imagine, did not make me happy...

I am about halfway through Destined for War, which is the book about the "Thucycides Trap" between the US and China.  It is pretty interesting, actually, and a lot of what the author says make sense.  I do like the main premise -- looking at national conflicts over history (and he goes back a ways) to look at the reasons as to why war was considered to be a prudent choice, and how it can be applied to the US-Chinese rivalry. Reminds me of Toynbee's works, which, as you may recall, I also rather enjoyed, despite their length.  Or, because of their length!

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2021/03/what-do-you-mean-you-wont-respect-mah.html

This is hilarious, and quite true.  I realize my sympathies with those who are suffering from the lockdowns, but... it was good to see the legislature stand up to Dewine and overturn his veto; quite frankly, I think we need more of this going forward...God forbid Republicans start acting...conservative.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22278065/donald-trump-conservative-politics-charles-kesler

Interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home