Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Labors

 Today was a busy day... double gym, for starters.  Much needed, I can assure you.  Also did some house cleaning; I stopped being lazy and assembled the new Swiffer I bought, and lo and behold, the kitchen and bathroom floors don't look like shit anymore!  Hell, the place even smells better.  

More importantly, I helped out at the OC today...  the local Sav-A-Lots are under new ownership, and I guess they mandated that the old stuff -- mainly meat and perishables -- had to go.  So we were told that we could take it all from the two in the Village.  And, since I have a truck, vacation days, and am the youngest of the team... well, there I was.  It was sort of a clusterhump, as the one was not ready for us; the other was, so we went there first, got their stuff... and then waited.  I ended going home for an hour to do stuff, then came back when they were ready, and was glad, as they had a LOT of stuff for us.  I didn't realize how much work it is; got to load the van (or truck), take the stuff to the OC, unload it, weigh it (an unavoidable bottleneck), and then put it where it belongs (sort of); freezer, cooler, etc.   Oi.  To be sure, I don;t think we get all that much most times, but... I was glad to do my share today, even if I am slightly tired.

Mind you, I still have plenty more shit to do in the house; dust, vacuum, wipe down the crapper, move stuff around in the cupboards, dishes, to say nothing of the wood in the basement which has to be sliced and diced.  Oi. But it does look better, and I can go from there... 

https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/remembering-g--k--chesterton/_1/

Rather enjoyed this read...I only refer to his parable of the fence in the woods at work, with...mixed results, if you will.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no-end-in-sight-inside-the-biden-administrations-failure-to-contain-the-border-surge/ar-BB1eNeEh?li=BBnb7Kz

It's like they were stupid, or something....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home