Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Adventures

 So, Opening Day is tomorrow...the roster appears set, with Dr. Plutko being sent to the Orioles for what I assume will be cash, given the organization's priorities.  They announced Luplow in CF and Chang at 1B tomorrow, both of which should be...interesting.  I am more confident in the pitching than the offense; I know, hardly a surprising prognostication, but there is nothing I see that would cause me to go against the grain...

One thing I realized is that I have not made any prep for Easter -- food, like paska bread and kielbasa.  Mom, of course, would always get that ahead of time and make everything...but those days are gone. I figure I can get the stuff tomorrow or so and make it Friday if need be (no snacking!).  I have never actually cooked fresh, but I have her recipe, so that will be something to try...

I decided to treat myself/cross a restaurant off the list and thus went to Empress Tatyu's Ethiopian restaurant today....not exactly the best part of town, but easy to get to. And it was....good?  I mean, it was interesting; the place has a unique decor, and the server was quite nice in explaining to me the ins and outs of the grub.  One unique thing...you eat with your hands (I asked and got silverware); basically, the food is served on a plate with a layer of bread on top, and you eat with the bread, I guess... it was good; I went with a mixed platter of beef, chicken, and sides.  It was spicy/hot, and it was a late heat...all the way home  I felt it. But I did enjoy it...meaning to try it for a while, and I did...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home