Saturday, April 03, 2021

Changes

 I meant to post yesterday, but I was 1) cooking kielbasa and 2) crashed and fell asleep on the hallway floor.  Yes, I need to sleep more.  Anyways, I had to cook my own kielbasa this year (this is the new reality) and while smoked is just heat and serve...fresh, of course, I had to boil and then grill. Fortunately, I had Mom's recipe and instructions, and it came out...ok? Good? I got from R&K, and they do a good job. I also picked up a loaf of paska bread there -- it was just ok.  I forgot -- Mom always planned weeks in advance -- to get some from a real bakery, sooo.. I will survive.  Next year I need to adult and get it in time.

Thursday night I was asked to help out at the Holy Thursday service...it had been 15 years or so since I did it, and while I didn't want to...well as it turned out, the foot washing component of it was canceled, so basically I got to wear a cassock and surplice, and then carry the monstrance for Fr. Joe on our truncated procession around the church.  Took much shorter this year, they said.  One thing I did NOT realize is that they break down the altar -- cloths, candleabra, etc.  While it didn't take long, I don't think I ever 1) saw the altar like this (at least I paid attention this time) and 2) realized how intricate it was, taking it apart and putting everything away...now, of course, today, when my basket was blessed, I noticed it was back in its proper place...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/fanne-fox-wilbur-mills-washington-hubris.html
Always loved this story, not sure why....

https://freebeacon.com/columns/the-working-class-gop-a-muddled-concept/

Interesting...not sure where this will all take us, but I like the change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home