Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Musings

 Long and busy weekend -- fam stuff, helped a friend move, trying to catch up on work, and  Monday was more of the same. I did hit the gym twice Monday, which was nice, and watched Triston McKenzie make his case for being the closer of the future... :) Ok, maybe not -- he is young, there is time for him to figure it out --but the velo drops and the short outings have to be a concern, rebuilding or not. Today, of course, it is the pitching duel, and a good one...more games like this, and baseball is worth watching.  Bieber has been impressive, quite...in some ways, you have to win this game; he's the ace, it is a divisional rival, etc... 

In other news, I am glad baseball has decided to move the ASG and not fix the issues with bad umpiring, umpires who do not know the rules, and replays gone horribly wrong.

https://www.theinsight.org/p/pandemic-as-metaphor

This was interesting; not sure I agree with all of it, but I don't mind that, in all actuality...better to be challenged than bored, as I say.

I got a bag of cookie dough crunch Hershey kisses a couple of days ago, and I love the things...I pop them like candy, as often as my blood sugar allows.  One thing I was ruminating on, though...the wrapping is aluminum foil, and I bet 99.9% of all people just throw it away, even though it is recyclable, difficult as it may be.  But it's a pretty small part of the cost, I would say.  Just funny, because, for most of history, aluminum was rare -- hard to get out of bauxite, hard to process -- and thus more valuable than gold...  The top of the Washington Monument is solid aluminum, a gift from France,and it was, in its day, a technological marvel... and now it would be regarded as a chintzy joke.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-republican-party-isnt-rebranding-after-2020/

To me, #3 is as important as any other, and if you think that the party is rebranding and changing-- and I think the point can be made -- it might be better to see how the party is changing and then adjust the messaging.  I don't necessarily think that all of these people will stay if Trump leaves, but some of them will, and they will change the party more than any autopsy would...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home