Monday, April 26, 2021

Thoughts

 You know, this could be me, but the Tribe could be solving their OF problem.  To be sure, I think we are all a little surprised by Luplow hitting righties; one, because historically, the track record is not good, and two, because the Tribe seldom lets OFs hit same-side pitching.  But, given the need to have 20 relievers, and the need to carry Jake Bauers on the roster for some reason...well, Luplow is hitting, and hitting with power, and this would be...good?  He is fine in RF and can handle CF if need be. Putting Luplow out there every day moves Naylor to 1B, which sucks for Bobby Bradley, but it does seem that they want to see if Naylor can hit, and I do as well... Chang will see less time, sadly, and Daniel Johnson gets hosed here as well, but they don't seem to want to play him, so....

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/04/why-cryptocurrency-is-a-giant-fraud

I don't know; I;ve always thought that the financial markets need some sort of Vegas or Amsterdam; you know, where people who want to get completely crazy can do so...but if they lose their shirts, they can't complain about it.  I guess we have that now, sort of; the GameStop scenario, for instance, is largely that.  There are penny stocks and shorting, and prolly a dozen other things I am omitting.  But most of these have the general concept of...legality?  I mean, penny stocks are regulated, as is shorting (someone has to cover the bet); I think I want a system with far fewer controls and inhibtions, but a full understanding that it is indeed the Wild West out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home