Friday, April 23, 2021

First World Problems

 So, operation new phone is off to a rollicking start.  First, I did buy the phone -- top of the mid-tier, 5G,, rah -- and I have it in my possession, fully charged.  But...one, while tjey insisted the old phone's details would transfer to the new one, that was not the case; while the pics are fine, I will need to (judiciously) recreate my contacts list.  Oi; there is Facebook, at least.  Still, there is time that could be better spent more...productively.  Two, I can't download anything...not sure why, but I am stuck on some automatic download that is NOT happening.  Again, this is hardly a crisis (there has been a lack of diversions in my life)  but it is annoying as I will have to go somewhere and have it remedied, one way or the other.

In other news, I had to drop off some of Mom's stuff to the West Side Catholic Center -- they take two boxes/bags a day, and we will have about five or six -- and once I was there, I decided to cross a place off my list and hit Larder.  It's not hard to find, but it is nestled in there (West 29th and Clinton) and of course the parking is a hot mess.  The place is sort of hard to find -- can't see it on the driveby -- but of course I had mapped it and found it anyways.  No tables; order and pick up in about 10 minutes.  And...it was good; I ordered a pastrami reuben, and it was delicious and hearty.  Apple and sweet potato salad (a bit dilly, but still decent) and their cheesecake (quite good; I only ate half); I also ordered a giant oatment cookie creme pie to round my bill to $25 (yes, it is a bit pricey).  Indeed, both desserts were quite decadent.  Would I return?  Yes.  Other places to try, of course...

http://aswathdamodaran.blogspot.com/2021/04/the-corporate-tax-burden-facts-and.html

Interesting and informative!

https://grubbstreet.blogspot.com/2017/07/mystara-redux.html

This is being published and released this year, and all I can say...I am so in.  As many of you know, I was/am a D&D afficianado; but the first world I really got into was Mystara -- I loved Minrothrad -- and I was crushed when they stopped putting out new content (not that we liked what was being put out).  To be sure, we carried on (shaping the world as we wanted!) but it wasn't quite the same and eventually we stopped... but this is still good stuff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home