Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Catching Up

 Here I am, blogging again....busy weekend, sort of, and then Sunday night I watched the new season of Bar Rescue (Mom and I loved to discuss it, alas) and then last night -- in addition to the Tribe -- I rewatched "Downton Abbey" (the movie) because, well...not that I am down, but I am just...meh.  Not sure why; some of it is the tiredness, some of it is stress, some of it is work, and some of it is... who knows.

I have been impressed, sort of, by the Tribe.  Winning two of three in Chicago was nice, especially with the continuing McKenzie bullpen audition.  Luplow's injury has hurt, but...well, Harold Ramirez has impressed; the D is ok and his ABs are looking good.  Naylor has been better at the plate; at least he seems to be having better ABs.  I did feel sorry, somewhat, for Daniel Johnson; the platinum sombrero, I think, will dim the ardor of his tweetery.  And now, they have taken two from the Royals; not that I think they are that good, but they are now. Scoring late has been the key here, which is good to see...

I have been bemused by the Liz Cheney situation; I mean, part of me still says she is Dead Man Walking, and maybe she is, but... I read on Politico that there are 23 people in that primary.  Twenty-three!  I can see someone slipping with 35% or so, which would probably guarantee her safety.  But what is her end game?  I don't know... I mean, the Senate?  Higher office?  I mean, posterity is nice but it seldom pays the bills.

Polished a couple of books off this past week, including this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Damning-Words-Religious-Mencken-Biography/dp/0802873448

Which, surprisingly, I liked.  In some ways I am like Mencken; the cynicism, the love of reading, the hatred of hypocrisy... not so much the love of music, hit or miss on the literature. When it comes to women I am more the W.C. Fields type...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home