Friday, December 30, 2022

A Sense of Equipose

 Interesting development in the Idaho murders -- the arrest of a suspect!  One suspected that this would have gone unsolved.  To be sure, an arrest is not the same as a conviction, but...one hopes.

Slept in today after crashing on the bed -- lights on, dozing away.  It was quite good, actually, and I should do it again today (tomorrow).  I ended up having a busier day than I thought -- couple of hours of work, some bills to pay, errands to run, then a trip to the gym, with plenty of cardio... felt good, actually.  I don't know; there are times when I definitely feel my age (have an MD visit coming soon, need to discuss that), and other times when I do not... and today was one where I did not.  I guess that is good.

You know, it's bowl season, and I have just not been able to get interested.  Watched much less college football than usual this year -- no office pool to motivate to win, I guess.  My football fandom decreases every year, so I guess this is not exactly a surprise.  But when I was a kid, and even not so long ago, I watched as many as I could.

I continued my trip through the NFR with a watching on "Mingus," a documentary from the late 60s about the jazz great.  I knew nothing about him or jazz, so after a quick Wiki check... it was odd.  To be sure, a Black person in the 60s had much to complain about, but he... well, there was certainly something a little off kilter.  Guess if I was more of an afficionado I would have found it more enjoyable... at least we are now up to 806.  We all know how I love progress....

Probably will not finish book 51 by midnight tomorrow.  I think I can fairly attribute it to next year's goal (why not read more?) though it does seem a bit Hopey and Changey to start something now and count it for later.  Of course, reading and intelligence are hardly Hopey and Changey concepts, so there is that. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home